Table of Contents

Share this article

Get the latest marketing strategies

All the cutting-edge marketing strategies, digital trends, and business growth strategies you could ever need or want — straight to your inbox!


Reading Time: 4 minutes

Copywriting and content marketing are major strategies that help businesses attract customers, generate leads, create conversions, increase brand awareness and brand loyalty. 

If you want to utilize these strategies correctly, you need to understand their significant differences. Only then can you create the perfect combination most suited for your goals. 

This article will explain the significant difference between these two strategies and how you can effectively utilize them. 



Copywriting aims to appeal, persuade, and compel the reader to take specific action immediately. In marketing, copywriting motivates the reader to subscribe or purchase the product or service.

Marketing copies are usually short, precise and include valuable information, especially about lucrative features and benefits that influence customers to carry out a particular action. The objective here is to create sales conversions. 

Decisions aren’t only driven by logic and facts. According to neuroscience research, it was discovered that decisions are primarily based on emotions, not logic. This makes copywriting super practical, as it focuses extensively on the emotional aspects. 

Words are powerful, and they significantly impact the human mind. With effective copywriting, you can create that sense of urgency amongst your target audience to purchase from you. 

Each copywriting post comes with a single call to action, and according to statistics, emails with a single call to action (CTA) increased clicks by 371% and sales by 1617%. And putting a CTA on Facebook can increase your click-through rate by 285%.

Content Marketing

Content Writing

Content marketing aims to create engagement and increase brand awareness and brand loyalty. The objective of content marketing is to educate the customer. 

Content marketing is multidimensional, including blog posts, articles, videos, podcasts, email newsletters, e-books, and case studies. So, now you know content marketing focuses on constructive in-depth details that the customer needs to know. 

Content marketing also focuses on emotional aspects, with relatively logical statements, facts, and statistics having higher priority. People who read articles, watch videos or listen to podcasts are more into the learning experience. Your customers need to know about the product or service you are offering. 

With content marketing, you can distinguish unique features of your product or service, especially by highlighting areas in which you excel compared to your competitors. As there are multiple options in the market today, you need to make sure that your customers are well informed.

Content Writing research

The information gap can cause customers to move straight to your competitors. But with effective content marketing, you can gradually convince them of how your business can give them the best benefits.  

Suppose you compare copywriting with content marketing in terms of SEO. Content marketing has the upper hand because it fulfills search intent much more effectively than copywriting. Not to mention the use of keywords is more effective in content marketing. 

According to statistics: 

  • 81% of marketers agree that content marketing is a core business strategy.
  • 51% of businesses invest in publishing content marketing posts daily.
  • 82% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing, whereas 10% are not using content marketing and 8% are unsure of their use of content marketing, according to Hubspot findings. 
  • Content marketing costs 62% lesser than outbound marketing and generates 3x more leads (Ahref). 
  • 72% of marketers in the USA measure ROI generated from their content marketing efforts.

Copywriting and Content Marketing Complement Each Other

Copywriting and Content Writing complements each other

When it comes to implementing your digital marketing strategies, copywriting and content marketing are integral. One isn’t complete without the other. Separating copywriting from content marketing is like having a pancake without maple syrup. 

The title or the headline is the first thing that drives people to open your content, whether it’s a blog post, an article, video, or podcast. No matter how good your content is, it won’t get clicks if the headline isn’t compelling enough. Copywriting has proven effective in writing lucrative headlines that appeal to visitors. 

Did you know that 80% of readers never make it past the headline? This means out of every 10 visitors, only 2 will click on your content and go through it. But if your headlines are not catchy enough, then there is a high chance that even the 20% who are likely to view your content will skip.
How to get attention

Even if they click and open your content, what makes you think they will not bounce? Just filling your content with logical information, facts and statistics is not enough. You need to make sure that they are interesting enough to your target audience. You have to make sure that the reader is captivated enough to read the following sentence and so on. Only then will they come across all the CTAs you have put in your articles.


The ultimate goal of every business is to generate revenue. Yes, along the way, you are creating value, providing a handful of information, and engaging with your target audience. 

Think about how effectively these goals can be achieved if you use both copywriting and content marketing together. They are both different and written in their unique style, but they become that perfect combination that you need when used together. 

Creating content that appeals to your audience can be quite challenging. If you need help creating quality content, book a Free Marketing Consultation right away! 


Author Details

Mahir is a graduate of International Business. He is sharing his findings through carefully crafted guides for a few years. He is also well aware of the global dynamics of the B2B Digital Marketing business aspect. He loves to study Digital Marketing and specializes in writing highly research-based business guides. He has proficient knowledge and expertise in conducting extensive market research. He is well aware of the global trends, the geopolitical business situations with extensive experience in cross-cultural analysis.